There are 806 map descriptions (mapx) in the database.
You can download all map description (mapx) files and a csv catalogue as a single zip package.
- in order to see all mapx entries, just press the “Submit” buttom
- the Col*Row field is not displayed here, but can be found in the Mapx.csv catalogue file of the complete zip package
- MapxUri: filename of the map description (mapx) file
- Title: title of the mapx file, usually the name (English, local, alternate) of the most important city (hill, river, region if no city defined) or the name of the most famous battle fought there
- Country: English name of the country (former, current, disputed) where the selected mapx file belongs
- Region: region, federal state, governorate, county, etc. (only current) of the mapx file
- MapNumber: the exact number of the mapx file, or the “tiled” string if it’s a tiled map description
- Period: enumeration: Antique | 18th century | 19th century | WW1 | WW2 | Modern | Fictional | All
- Author: name / nickname of the mapx creator(s)
This query shows max. 50 records per pages.
The searching tool doesn’t differenciate the correct diacritical marks or its base ASCII letter, so searching for “á” and “a” or “ö” and “o” gives the same result.